[Xmonad] darcs patch: add NewSelect layout combinator.

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Oct 24 11:32:36 EDT 2007

Note that the code in here is pretty ugly.  Beautifications would
be welcome.  It's just the first thing that came to my mind.  This
is a function that ought to go into core, if it's a good idea.  And
if it's not a good idea, it ought to be scrapped.  I really like the
idea of eliminating all the supid "ReadableLayout" stuff needed to
handle existentials.  So although this code is rather verbose and
more than a little ugly, consider that it would be replacing some
already-existing ugly code.  It would also greatly beautify the Config
file, by eliminating both layouts and serialisedLayouts.  I'd then
vote for renaming layoutHook to simply layout.

David

Wed Oct 24 11:26:48 EDT 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * add NewSelect layout combinator.
  This patch adds a selection layout combinator ||| which
  replaces Select, and makes the Layout data type unnecessary.
  This combinator isn't yet feature-complete, as I didn't implement
  backwards rotation (PrevLayout), but that's obviously doable.  This
  patch requires the descriptions function be added to LayoutClass in
  core.