[Xmonad] darcs patch: add NewSelect layout combinator.

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Oct 24 11:32:36 EDT 2007

Note that the code in here is pretty ugly.  Beautifications would
be welcome.  It's just the first thing that came to my mind.  This
is a function that ought to go into core, if it's a good idea.  And
if it's not a good idea, it ought to be scrapped.  I really like the
idea of eliminating all the supid "ReadableLayout" stuff needed to
handle existentials.  So although this code is rather verbose and
more than a little ugly, consider that it would be replacing some
already-existing ugly code.  It would also greatly beautify the Config
file, by eliminating both layouts and serialisedLayouts.  I'd then
vote for renaming layoutHook to simply layout.

Wed Oct 24 11:26:48 EDT 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * add NewSelect layout combinator.
  This patch adds a selection layout combinator ||| which
  replaces Select, and makes the Layout data type unnecessary.
  This combinator isn't yet feature-complete, as I didn't implement
  backwards rotation (PrevLayout), but that's obviously doable.  This
  patch requires the descriptions function be added to LayoutClass in