[Xmonad] darcs patch: XSelection.hs: simplify creation of window (and 10 more)

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 08:20:50 EDT 2007

On 2007.10.23 11:29:34 +0300, "Valery V. Vorotyntsev" <valery.vv at gmail.com> scribbled 0 lines:
> On 10/19/07, gwern0 at gmail.com <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Fri Oct 19 14:09:00 EDT 2007  gwern0 at gmail.com
> >   * Run.hs, ShellPrompt.sh: mv runInXTerm to ShellPrompt.hs
>
> What is the purpose of this moving?
> IMHO, the function fits nicely in Run.hs.

IIRC, leaving runInXTerm in Run.hs causes a cyclical import - but I might have moved it because it made more sense to me in there.

> > Fri Oct 19 14:12:32 EDT 2007  gwern0 at gmail.com
> >   * XSelection.hs: fmt imports and sigs
> >
> > Fri Oct 19 14:12:55 EDT 2007  gwern0 at gmail.com
> >   * SshPrompt.hs: fmt imports and update
> >
> > Fri Oct 19 14:13:17 EDT 2007  gwern0 at gmail.com
> >   * ShellPrompt.hs: fmt imports and update
>
> The code looks somewhat polluted now. :)
> ``*Do not use explicit import lists*, except to resolve name clashes.''
>   - GHC Coding Style Guidelines,
>    <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Commentary/CodingStyle>
>
> --
> WBR,
> vvv

Well, I'm not sure what's right for GHC's modules is right for XMonad's modules. I personally find they make things easier, but that may be just me.

--
gwern
fake E-Bomb NAAP FSF WORM SUW NMI Merlin charge CUN