[Xmonad] Fwd: Constrained resize for floated windows

Dougal Stanton ithika at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 10:08:08 EDT 2007

I made a tiny patch for the main Xmonad code, to allow constrained
resizing of windows. Hold down mod-SHIFT-button3 instead of just
mod-button3, and the window will resize with width=height. I find this
useful for resizing analogue xclock without getting an out-of-shape
clock face.

If it's not deemed useful for mainline I've packaged it as a
contribution as well.

constrainResize.mainline.diff
 - touches Config.hs and Operations.hs
or
constrainResize.contrib.diff
 - adds XMonadContrib/ConstrainedResize.hs
 - touches MetaModule.hs

Cheers,

Dougal.

PS. This is my second attempt at submitting a patch here. Is there
nowhere one can submit a patch without first signing up? The ease of
'darcs send' is more than counteracted by the annoyance of creating an
account... /grumble grumble