[Xmonad] issue building xmonad on OS X 10.4

Vincent Kraeutler vincent at kraeutler.net
Sat Oct 20 05:32:06 EDT 2007

Vincent Kraeutler wrote:
> Don Stewart wrote:
>
>> vincent:
>>

>>> Dear xmonad list,
>>>
>>> I would like to report a build problem with xmonad on OS X 10.4 as well as
>>> a) a tentative description of the problem;
>>> b) a hackish fix which seems to work for me.
>>>

>> Can I just confirm this was fixed by runhaskell Setup.lhs clean in the
>> xmonad directory? (And is this bug in ghc's recompilation checker:
>>
>>     http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1372
>>
>> -- Don

I just realize I have misunderstood your question, and I would like to
clarify: I don't think the problem was a lack of recompilation of
modules in xmonad. Rather, X11-extras failed to export these three
required symbols (as I could verify with a bit of nm). So the problem
was with X11-extras rather than xmonad.

Straight build from the hackage package:
X11-extras-0.4.bak vincent$ nm dist/build/libHSX11-extras-0.4.a | grep
State
X11-extras-0.4.bak vincent$

from darcs, with autoreconf:
vincent-kraeutlers-computer-2:~/haskell/X11-extras vincent$ !nm
nm dist/build/libHSX11-extras-0.4.a | grep  State
00029e48 D
_X11zmextraszm0zi4_GraphicsziX11ziXlibziExtras_iconicState_closure
0001c4f0 T _X11zmextraszm0zi4_GraphicsziX11ziXlibziExtras_iconicState_info
0001c4e8 t
_X11zmextraszm0zi4_GraphicsziX11ziXlibziExtras_iconicState_info_dsp
00029e58 D
_X11zmextraszm0zi4_GraphicsziX11ziXlibziExtras_normalState_closure
0001c550 T _X11zmextraszm0zi4_GraphicsziX11ziXlibziExtras_normalState_info
0001c548 t
_X11zmextraszm0zi4_GraphicsziX11ziXlibziExtras_normalState_info_dsp
00029690 D
_X11zmextraszm0zi4_GraphicsziX11ziXlibziExtras_withdrawnState_closure

Kind regards,
v.