[Xmonad] darcs patch: sketch of config/main inversion. (and 1 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Oct 18 13:21:33 EDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 10:03:31AM -0700, David Roundy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is a working, testable version of xmonad with main defined
> in the config file (now called Main.hs, so that ghc will be happy
> with the recursive imports, that I haven't yet eliminated).  A
> patch to update XMC will follow.
>
> David

Just to be clear: one of the main advantages of this inversion (once we've
eliminated recursive imports and thus are able to create an xmonad package)
is that it'll allow working demo configs to be included in XMonadContrib,
so that, for instance, Joachim's hook work could be done quite easily.

And these demo configs could be compiled as the beginnings of a test suite
for XMonadContrib, which would be a Very Good Thing.  We could finally have
automatic checking for the documentation of XMonadContrib, which would be a
major bonus.
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics