[Xmonad] darcs patch: add modules to deal with Workspaces (select, etc) by n...

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Oct 18 13:16:48 EDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 07:23:15PM +0300, Valery V. Vorotyntsev wrote:
> > On 10/17/07, David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> wrote:
> > > That's next on my list (workspace renaming), but I really shouldn't get to
> > > it today, as I have some debugging of darcs that I need to do that probably
> > > will take all day.
> >
> > Changes to DynamicWorkspaces.hs:
> >
> > Thu Oct 18 17:56:04 EEST 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
>   >  * add function to rename workspaces.
>
> I haven't found this patch in mailing list, anyway...

I didn't email it, because I was afraid of swamping the list.  Would you
(and others) prefer to get emails of patches that introduce new features?

> It works, it's lovely! Very useful. :)

Indeed, it's a little shocking how often I've renamed my workspaces since
writing this code.  :)

A (hopefully) useful feature is that if you rename a workspace to an
existing workspace name, then the two workspaces get merged.  I haven't
tested this feature yet, so I haven't documented it, but it seems like it
ought to have good uses, and will perhaps make removeWorkspace obsolete.

> BTW, could someone tell me, why does
>   , ((modMask .|. shiftMask, xK_a), renameWorkspace defaultXPConfig)
> work and
>   , ((modMask, xK_A), renameWorkspace defaultXPConfig)
> (no shift, the capital `A') does not?

Not me... (and not because I'm being unfriendly, either)
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics