[Xmonad] Commets on my Hooks proof-of-concept

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Oct 18 11:43:16 EDT 2007

As you can see, I partially implemented the proposed hook system. Here
an overview:

This quite small file contains all the magic of the Hook system. It is
intended to go to xmonad/ directly some day.

This shows how the hooks should be called from the core one day, and is
meant to be called from Config.hs for now.

(sorry for the bad name)
An example of how to implement the name matching functionality currently
provided in the core as an extension, using the hook system.

I have adjusted two more extensions to the new hooks system.

Note that I have not yet added the MessageHook to the HooksProxy, as I
haven’t worked with LayoutModifiers yet.

I think it should be clear where this is heading, but this should, after
due discussion, either be thrown away or moved to the core. In contrast
to matching window names, a hook infrastructure should not be in a
contrib module, and there should be only one of these around.

I hope this will make the discussion a bit more productive and get more
people involved.

Joachim Breitner
  e-Mail: mail at joachim-breitner.de
  ICQ#: 74513189