[Xmonad] dynamic workspaces, session restore

Valery V. Vorotyntsev valery.vv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:22:17 EDT 2007

Hi,

There are a couple ideas I would like to discuss.

1) Fixed number of workspaces is too inflexible and somewhat ugly, IMO.

   What about creating workspaces by demand, instead? The same way
   `ion' does to workspaces or screen to its "windows".

2) When xmonad quits, it forgets layout settings -- number of windows
   in master pane, current tiling algorithm, focused window,
   master/subordinate ratio, etc. Doesn't it?

   We could save this information to `~/.xmonad' file and read it at
   next startup.

And a question.

3) Can I define a key binding like, say, `Win-k 1'?

   The pattern is `<modifiers>-<key1> <key2>'. I find such
   screen/ion/emacs-y keystrokes very handy. :)

Thank you. And happy hacking!

--
vvv