[Xmonad] darcs patch: WindowNavigation: don't export the config constructor ...

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Mon Oct 15 09:42:46 EDT 2007

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 10:44:02PM +0200, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 02:42:29PM -0400, Devin Mullins wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 11:17:42AM +0200, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> > > Sat Oct 13 11:05:24 CEST 2007  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
> > >   * WindowNavigation: don't export the config constructor and some haddock fixes
> > >   I told to David I would have taken care of that: instead of exporting
> > >   the config constructor we export 2 functions: navigateColor and
> > >   noNavigateBorders. Updated documentation accordingly.
> >
> > I'm confused... what's the benefit of this? It's no big deal to me,
> > 'cause I would just use noNavigateBorders, but it seems to remove the
> > ability to have different U/D/L/R border colors.
>
> Hiding the config constructor to the user was an explicit (and
> reasonably) David's request - he's the author and I told him I was
> going to take care of that since I did some other modification to the
> module.

I'm not sure anyone *wants* different U/D/L/R border colors.  I put them in
there because I could, as an experiment.  *Does* anyone want this feature?
If not, I lean towards removing it.  If so, then we can add a function to
customize it.  I expect at some state I'll change the default to not have
distinct colors, because I'd prefer that, and it seems good to ensure that
at least one user likes the default behavior.
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics