[Xmonad] darcs patch: XPrompt: added ^A and ^E and more (and 1 more)

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Fri Oct 5 08:14:34 EDT 2007

hi,

some stuff I had floating around for a while, and a step towards the
i18n support (but I'm going to send separately something more).

After some experiments with readline, bash, getDirectoryContents I
think that the best way to get command completion is to use
getDirectoryContents over the path. This is the most efficient on my
laptop, at least. Sure we also get non executable files, but that's a
very small price to pay.

Bash instead is used to get directory/file completions. Moreover, now
we escape special characters and spaces, which should lead to a better
completion handling and shell interaction.

The code is a bit longer but I think it is worth. And moreover we
don't need readline anymore.

Finally, thanks to Eric who started the commands implementation. I
added ^A and ^E.

Andrea

Fri Oct  5 13:21:22 CEST 2007  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * XPrompt: added ^A and ^E and more
  - added ^A (start of line) and ^E (end of line)
  - added support for escaping spaces (see an example of it's use in the
    new ShellPrompt)
  - some code cleanup: I'm now tracking changes to XPrompt also in
    modified version that supports i18n. This is the reason of some name
    changes.

Fri Oct  5 13:22:50 CEST 2007  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * ShellPrompt: removed readline dependency and added escape character support