[xmonad] Issue 96 in xmonad: certain dialogs get dropped in gnucash

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Nov 30 17:25:14 EST 2007

Issue 96: certain dialogs get dropped in gnucash

New issue report by and... at farwestbilliards.com:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. open gnucash in xmonad 0.4 or later (bug confirmed in darcs as of
11/30/07 by byorgey on #xmonad).
2. select Edit->Find
3. Find dialog spawns and then dies. Not up long enough to finish drawing

To spawn the dialog and allow it to persist. Instead it just vanishes
immediately.

0.4 on debian sid, up-to-date

Interesting corner-case symptom:

1. open gnucash
2. select Business -> Vendor -> New Bill... -> Select button.

It fails on the first click, but succeeds on the second. This makes me
think it could *possibly* be a gnucash issue, because why would the dialog
appear differently the second time? but that's a vague guess on my part.

The other "find" dialogs exhibit this behavior as well: Business ->
Vendor|Customer -> Find Bill|Job

I'm not prepared to call this just a WM error, but the devs at gnucash are
of the idea that it is. Note that this behavior only shows up in xmonad and
E17 (of all things). GNOME, KDE, IceWM, XFCE, wmii2, dwm all work properly.

thanks

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----
	Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium