[xmonad] Trouble configuring xmonad on gentoo

Brent Yorgey byorgey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 11:12:58 EST 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 10:50 AM, Nathan Huesken <xmonad at lonely-star.org> wrote:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> Thanks for your reply. When emerging xmonad on gentoo,  a default
> configuration file is installed to be edited. I added the file in the
> attachment.
> I tried to edit it, so that the "HintedTile" extension is available.
>
> Thanks!
> Nathan

Hm, it appears that HintedTile is broken in 0.4.1.  It is trying to use
Layout as a record type with a field called modifyLayout, which I think
corresponds to an older version of xmonad; in 0.4.1 Layout is no longer a
record and there is definitely nothing named modifyLayout.  Looks like it
never got updated when the xmonad core changed.

Sorry about that, Nathan!  I'm not sure how that version of HintedTile made
it through quality control...

 -Brent