[xmonad] Trouble configuring xmonad on gentoo

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Thu Nov 29 09:09:31 EST 2007

Hi Nathan,

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 02:49:56PM +0100, Nathan Huesken wrote:
> I tried uncommenting the following lines in
> /etc/portage/savedconfig/x11-wm/xmonad-0.4.1:
>
> (Line 69)
> import qualified XMonadContrib.HintedTile
> (Line 248)
> , XMonadContrib.HintedTile.tall nmaster delta ratio
[...]
> [5 of 7] Compiling XMonadContrib.HintedTile (
> XMonadContrib/HintedTile.hs,
> dist/build/xmonad/xmonad-tmp/XMonadContrib/HintedTile.o )
>
> XMonadContrib/HintedTile.hs:55:13: Not in scope: `modifyLayout'

I hope some gentoo guy will drop by soon and make my request useless,
but in the meantime, since I'm not a gentoo user, I would need to have
a copy of the file you modified, and also a brief description of what
you were/are trying to achieve with your modifications. This way I can
contextualize the error messages you get and provide some directions.

Cheers,
Andrea