[xmonad] the new documentation system
mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Wed Nov 21 13:57:10 EST 2007
as you know I'm working to a new documentation system. Now the
documentation of the xmonad-contrib library is generated with haddock
and store in the XMonad.Doc name space.
I created four files:
The first is a brief overview of xmonad, and links to the other files.
The second, almost done, is a brief tutorial on how configuring
The third (Extending.hs) is a description of the library content and a
more detailed guide to configuring xmonad. The manageHook and the
logHook are still to be documented, also because I'm waiting for the
new interface with the monoid instance.
The forth is a brief commentary to the core code to be used as an
introduction to writing new extensions.
I also started to port each module to the new documentation system.
This is what I'm doing:
- libraries for other modules: a brief documentation and a couple of
links to modules using the library.
- actions to be linked to some key binding: an example of the key
binding (it must be possible to paste the example in the
.xmonad/xmonad.hs file) with a link to XMonad.Doc.Extending#Editing_key_bindings
- layouts: an example of layoutHook and a link to
- hooks: this should link to the appropriate section of
XMonad.Doc.Extending (still to be done).
The XMonad.Util, XMonad.Prompt are almost done. I'm almost done with
The documentation is linked to the colorized (with hscolour) source.
Here the results:
You can use it as an example for documenting modules without updated
docs. If you want to help you can:
- start fixing modules starting from the XMonad.Action name space (not
to interfere with me);
- check for typos;
- rephrase and modify when you think my English is not clear (it is
not my mother tongue);
- correct mistakes.
Thanks for your help.
More information about the xmonad