[xmonad] darcs patch: new contrib module, Layout.PerWorkspace

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Nov 20 10:06:21 EST 2007

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 07:01:19AM -0800, David Roundy wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 09:54:06PM -0500, Brent Yorgey wrote:
> > As seen on xmonad@!  A module which allows you to configure layouts
> > per-workspace.  Testing, comments, criticisms, edits, etc. welcome.

I'd also add that I think it'd be handy to be able to give a list of
WorkspaceId rather than just one, so we could say

onWorkspaces ["web","email","irc"] mytabbed $
onWorkspaces ["darcs","xmonad"] (mytabbed <-//> mytabbed ||| mytabbed) $

That'd be a stupid set of layouts, but you can see the idea:  most users
will have two or three sets of layouts, max, and will want to divy them up
among their workspaces.
David Roundy
Department of Physics
Oregon State University