[xmonad] Dead contribs: a little reminder

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Mon Nov 19 11:17:35 EST 2007

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 09:40:54AM -0500, Devin Mullins wrote:
> Ahoy,
>
> Just a reminder that HintedTile, Magnifier, Mosaic, and Anneal have been
> disabled, because they've bitrotted. (Well, Anneal just because its
> only user is Mosaic.) I'm pretty sure they should just be deleted by 0.5,
> so if you want to fight for their preseveration, patch away. (Or if you
> think they should be left in in non-compiling form, well, argue that,
> you loser.)

I had an obligation with David about porting Mosaic (and Anneal) to
the class system. Actually I would like to do that but my time is very
limited now (too much twaching now) - but it should be getting better
in the next weeks (but I'm and will be using much of my
available/spare time for writing xmonad docs). So I would like to have
an exception and a time extension for fulfilling my obligations.

Anyhow I have write access to the repository too... ;)

Obviously, if David wants to get rid of Mosaic and Anneal that's fine
with me.

Having them in the cabal file is quite a potent reminder.

Andrea