[xmonad] darcs patch: Prompt/Man.hs: remove docstring. (and 3 more)

Devin Mullins me at twifkak.com
Sun Nov 18 15:15:28 EST 2007

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 08:27:31PM +0100, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 01:32:56PM -0500, Devin Mullins wrote:
> > If Spencer's Endo/FRef/Monoid idea is going into the release,
> > though, I'd wait for that -- it'll make documenting the config
> > *much* easier.
>
> I lost this part - the Monoid one. Could you (or Spencer) articulate a
> just a little bit?

Spencer could better articulate it, obviously, but the idea is that the
config will look something like this:

main = xmonad $ defaultConfig
              <+> extend keys [((_,_), _)...]
              <+> set modMask mod4Mask
              <+> ...

Here, 'keys' and 'modMask' aren't the record getters, but are Functional
References [1] that wrap the getter/setter (since there is no succinct
syntax to pass a record field setter). <+> is sugar for `mappend`, hence
the Monoid bit (I may have the above snippet wrong). I'm not sure where
the Endo bit comes in.

Devin

[1]
http://twan.home.fmf.nl/blog/haskell/overloading-functional-references.details