[xmonad] darcs patch: CONFIG, TODO: fix typos

Valery V. Vorotyntsev valery.vv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 09:47:32 EST 2007

Thu Nov 15 16:41:51 EET 2007  "Valery V. Vorotyntsev" <valery.vv at gmail.com>
  * CONFIG, TODO: fix typos
  CONFIG: delete trailing whitespace

--
vvv
-------------- next part --------------

New patches:

[CONFIG, TODO: fix typos
"Valery V. Vorotyntsev" <valery.vv at gmail.com>**20071115144151
 CONFIG: delete trailing whitespace
] {
hunk ./CONFIG 3
-xmonad is configure by creating and editing the Haskell file:
+xmonad is configured by creating and editing the Haskell file:
hunk ./CONFIG 12
-Here is a basic example, which takes defaults from xmonad, and overrides
+Here is a basic example, which takes defaults from xmonad, and overrides
hunk ./CONFIG 18
-    --
+    --
hunk ./CONFIG 47
-    $ ghci ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs
+    $ ghci ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs
hunk ./CONFIG 55
-Ok, looks good.
+Ok, looks good.
hunk ./CONFIG 71
-== Where are the defaults? ==
+== Where are the defaults? ==
hunk ./CONFIG 75
-   XMonad/Config.hs
+    XMonad/Config.hs
hunk ./CONFIG 79
-    XMonad.hs
+    XMonad/Core.hs
hunk ./TODO 17
-* upload X11/xmonad to hacakge
+* upload X11/xmonad to hackage
}

Context:

[refactor main, add "recompile" to XMonad.Core
Lukas Mai <l.mai at web.de>**20071108230933]
[comments, reexport Data.Bits
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071114183759]
[polish .cabal file. add xmonad@ as the default maintainer
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071114182716]
[add lots more text on configuration
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071114182531]
[refactor trace.
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071114034109]
[clarify comment at top of Config.hs
Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com>**20071111191304
 There appears to be some confusion -- several people have wanted to edit
 Config.hs as was done in the past. This comment probably won't stop that, but
 it's a start.
]
[avoid Data.Ratio and % operator in XMonad.Config
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20071111183708
 I think this'll make Config.hs more friendly as a template for folks
 to modify.
]
[remove obviated (and confusing) comments
Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com>**20071111055047]
[XMonad.Main uses FlexibleContexts
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071111214528]
[hide existential Layout (mostly) from user API.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20071111003055]
[Depend on X11 1.3.0.20071111
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071111200932]
[update README some more
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071109181203]
[we depend on Cabal 1.2.0 or newer
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071109155934]
[Generalize several functions to MonadIO
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071109064214]
[Docs for ManageHook
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071109031810]
[New ManageHook system
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071109024722]
[Generalize the type of whenJust
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071107062126]
[maybe False (const True) -> isJust. spotted by shachaf
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071108003539]
[typo
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071108000259]
[imports not needed in example now
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071107032346]
[Provide top level XMonad.hs export module
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071107030617]
[point to where defns for config stuff can be found
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071107020801]
[Fix haddock comment
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071107030510]
[fall back to previous ~/.xmonad/xmonad if recompilation fails
Lukas Mai <l.mai at web.de>**20071107015309]
[recommend --user
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071106221004]
[add CONFIG with details of how to configure
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071105040741]
[Run only 50 tests per property, decreases test time by 10 seconds on my system
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071105064944]
[Remove stale comment
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071105063731]
[Use Cabal's optimization flags rather than -O
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071105061759]
[Build the whole thing in the test hook
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071105061615]
[-Werror
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071105060326]
[Remove superfluous 'extensions:' field
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071105034515]
[Use configurations in xmonad.cabal
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071105033428]
[~/.xmonad/Main.hs is now ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs !
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071105032655]
[makeMain -> xmonad
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071105031203]
[-Wall police
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071105022202]
[remember to compile the xmonad library also with the usual ghc-optoins
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071105022127]
[EventLoop -> Core, DefaultConfig -> Config
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071105021705]
[clean up DefaultConfig.hs
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071105021142]
[clean up some weird formatting/overboard strictness annotations
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071105011400]
[Update pragmas for GHC 6.8 compatibility
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071104215507]
[Use the layout and workspaces values from the actual configuration used
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071104020320]
[Float handler out of makeMain, make keys and mouseBindings dependent on XConfig for easy modMask switching
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071102025924]
[We can't rely on the executable name, because it may be 'Main'
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101205057]
[Get defaultGaps from the current config, not the default one
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101205025]
[exposed-modules
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101193331]
[Hierarchify
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101180846]
[Main.hs -> DefaultConfig.hs, add new Main.hs with 'buildLaunch'
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101175749]
[Layouts.Choose: handle ReleaseResources
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101152302]
[Layouts.Choose: send Hide to non-selected layout
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101151147]
[Export mirrorRect
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101085631]
[Only export main from Main
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101082326]
[Add readsLayout, remove the existential from XConfig
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101082155]
[Delete Main.hs-boot!
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101080045]
[Remove manageHook from Main.hs-boot
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101075308]
[Remove workspaces from Main.hs-boot
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101074556]
[-Wall police
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101074411]
[Eliminate defaultTerminal
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101073147]
[Store user configuration in XConf
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101072308]
[This is a massive update, here's what has changed:
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071101064318
  * Read is no longer a superclass of Layout
  * All of the core layouts have moved to the new Layouts.hs module
  * Select has been replaced by the new statically typed Choose combinator,
    which is heavily based on David Roundy's NewSelect proposal for
    XMonadContrib.  Consequently:
     - Rather than a list of choosable layouts, we use the ||| combinator to
       combine several layouts into a single switchable layout
     - We've lost the capability to JumpToLayout and PrevLayout.  Both can be
       added with some effort
]
[cleaner version of main/config inversion.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20071029184823]
[make setLayout a bit more inclusive.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20071024231250]
[make xmonad work with inverted main/config.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20071018170058]
[sketch of config/main inversion.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20071018164230]
[more precise X11 version required
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071031203241]
[tweaks to todo
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071031164618]
[HEADS UP: remove X11-extras dependency, depend on X11 >= 1.3.0
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071030220824

 The X11-extras library has been merged into the larger X11 library,
 so we now drop the dependency on X11-extras, and instead build
 against the new X11 library.

 If you apply this patch you must build and install X11-1.3.0 or greater
 first,

   http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/X11-1.3.0

 You can also go ahead and wipe X11-extras from GHC's memory, (for ghci to work
 out of the box with the testsuite)

   $ ghc-pkg unregister X11-extras
   $ ghc-pkg unregister --user X11-extras

]
[New windows start in the iconic state
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071028063949]
[add text on using xprop to find client names
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071027163031]
[add text reminding people to run mod-shift-space
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071026225228]
[StackSet.hs: (insertUp): remove comments about new window being made master window, since that clearly isn't true.
Brent Yorgey <byorgey at gmail.com>**20071022210856]
[Replace 'findIndex' with 'findTag', which more accurately describes what the function does.
Brent Yorgey <byorgey at gmail.com>**20071022204105
 I realize this is a big change, but the name 'findIndex' was confusing for me, since I expected it to return some sort of integer.  What it actually does, of course, is return a workspace tag, which might be more general than an index.
 Of course, this change breaks several contrib modules; I'll submit a patch to make the change there as well.
]
[StackSet.hs: (ensureTags): elaborate into a more descriptive comment.
Brent Yorgey <byorgey at gmail.com>**20071022202212]
[StackSet.hs: remove dead code.
Brent Yorgey <byorgey at gmail.com>**20071022192636]
[StackSet.hs: (differentiate): 'Texture' doesn't mean anything to me; replace with a more descriptive comment.
Brent Yorgey <byorgey at gmail.com>**20071022191333]
[StackSet.hs: (new): better comment; 'm' is not an integer, it is a list of screen descriptions.
Brent Yorgey <byorgey at gmail.com>**20071022183411]
[StackSet.hs: align some comments
Brent Yorgey <byorgey at gmail.com>**20071022161601]
[StackSet.hs: small grammar fix and better flow in comment
Brent Yorgey <byorgey at gmail.com>**20071022160858]
[StackSet.hs: better comments regarding hidden/visible workspace tracking for Xinerama
Brent Yorgey <byorgey at gmail.com>**20071022160239
 I'm not 100% sure that I understand what's going on here, but it seems as though the comment still described an older state of affairs.  I don't see any Map Workspace Screen keeping track of visible workspaces.
]
[Add Config.terminal
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071024105354]
[explain that you need ghc as well
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071024030520]
[xmonad, not XMonad
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071023234900]
[STYLE: enlarge on existing principles
gwern0 at gmail.com**20071023225225
 Comments: the -Wall thing was just trying to say -Wall -Werror should work. The license thing was too narrow - or are my public domain contributions unwelcome because they are not BSD-3? I think comments are most important for exported functions users will use; it isn't so important for helper functions (used only in the module) to be very well-documented, right?
]
[start on style guide
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>**20071023221422]
[Operations.hs: flip maybe id  is  fromMaybe
Eric Mertens <emertens at galois.com>**20071018231418]
[Deobfuscate Tall layout
Eric Mertens <emertens at galois.com>**20071018231329]
[setInitialProperties after placing windows
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>*-20071019201310]
[setInitialProperties after placing windows
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071019201310]
[Ignore borders in the stored RationalRects of floating windows.
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>*-20071019063922
 Also, add 'floatWindow' which computes the actual Rectangle for that window,
 including border.
]
[Only assign workspace keys up to xK_9.  Related to bug #63
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071019083746]
[Ignore borders in the stored RationalRects of floating windows.
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071019063922
 Also, add 'floatWindow' which computes the actual Rectangle for that window,
 including border.
]
[I prefer fmap over liftM
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071019063104]
[change 0/1/3 to named states, per X11-extras darcs head
Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com>**20071018021651]
[remove StackOrNot type synonymn.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20071017201406]
[Operations.hs: make use of notElem and notMember
Eric Mertens <emertens at galois.com>**20071017174357]
[TAG 0.4
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20071016215343]
Patch bundle hash:
cc47b9f4fd48fd1cd853fe1704658c9216510ea0