[xmonad] documenting xmonad-0.5

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Wed Nov 14 17:30:36 EST 2007

valery.vv:
> On 11/14/07, Andrea Rossato <mailing_list at istitutocolli.org> wrote:
> > I think that an example of a good way of documenting a module can be
> > seen here:
> > http://gorgias.mine.nu/xmonad/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Config-CustomKeys.html
> >
> > I suggest to use it as a model. Do you agree?
>
> No, I don't! :)
>
> 1) Thanks, Andrea. A lot.
> 2) I've updated documentation yesterday. It is subjectively better now
> (no `XXX', at least).

Yes, I think this  is good. I'd also suggest we show both
configuration mechanisms:

    1) updating defaultConfig
    2) writing our own complete config (old style)

So an extension would illustrate both cases:
    1) how to use the extension to override/update defaultConfig
and
    2) what line to add to the default Map or binding to replace it entirely.

-- Don