[xmonad] darcs patch: hide existential Layout (mostly) from user API.

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sat Nov 10 19:34:21 EST 2007

Hi all,

This allows us to eliminate the wart of requiring a Layout wrapper around
our layoutHook.  Besides being ugly, this wrapper hampers the composability
of layouts:  we can't simply write something like:

myconfig = defaultConfig { layoutHook = Layout $ Mirror $ layoutHook defaultConfig }

because there's no Read instance for Layout Window, so Mirror (Layout Window) has no
Read instance.  Obviously, we could get rid of this with an unLayout higher-order function,
but I see no reason to expose our users to this at all.

David

Sat Nov 10 16:30:55 PST 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * hide existential Layout (mostly) from user API.