[Xmonad] darcs patch: make keyActions and buttonActions dynamically modifiable.

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Nov 8 11:07:27 EST 2007

Hi all,

Here's a small patch that breaks none of XMC, but allows us
to easily write toggling keybindings.  It also allows to remove
keybinding dynamically, which also seems like a useful concept.
It'll be more useful if we extend the map to also include help
information, so we can present the user with a runtime summary
of keybindings.  But in any case, this patch by itself allows
useful new functionality.

I see little benefit in making the mouse bindings dynamically
modifyable, but no harm either.  And if we allow people to
experiment with this, they may come up with something.

David

Thu Nov  8 08:04:23 PST 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make keyActions and buttonActions dynamically modifiable.
  This makes possible simple self-modifying toggle keybindings,
  the removal of keybindings, etc.  Given that we were already
  storing a duplicate reference to these maps, I see no downside
  to allowing extensions to modify them.