[Xmonad] compositing

Andrea Spada andreaspada.mail at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 20:53:19 EDT 2007

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 13:29:00 -0400
Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com> wrote:

Well, this is a very interesting topic. I always wanted a solution to
not only make my unfocused windows transparent (by a customizable
amount), but implementing much advanced compositing
functions, to a definable class of windows, as:

* tinting
* shading
* scaling (ex: master window appear as always, non-master windows as a
	   scaled down version - ala exposé)
* zoom-in, zoom-out

Is a very difficult task to use compiz-fusion, and write special
plugins to use it with xmonad? AIXGL is very powerful and performs
very well, even on non end-line machines.

Thanks,
Andrea