[Xmonad] KDE_NET_SYSTEM_TRAY_WINDOWS root window property

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Thu Nov 1 06:54:20 EDT 2007

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 12:17:25PM +0600, Roman Dubtsov wrote:
> 2. Why does not my app receive MapNotifies from root window? Is there
> a error at my end?

This is an interesting question, indeed: XMonad sets both the
StructureNotifyMask and the SubstructureNotifyMask of the root
window's event mask attribute.

By the way, I tried with kmix and korganizer and I was not able to
intercept any MapNotify event. Can you give, as Spencer was asking,
a list of WMs with which this fall back method works?

Regards,

Andrea