[Xmonad] Unusual tiling/tesselation ideas, anyone?

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed May 23 12:24:31 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 11:17:02AM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> I'm interested in seeing if there are some other unexplored tiling
> algorithms out there, we could try out.  Fib spiral tiling seems one
> option. There must be some other cool ones (just start at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessellation).  There's a lot of research
> on plane tiling we could just adopt directly.
>
> Anyone want to write a few interesting ones?

I've got more ideas to improve Mosaic (basically making it respect hints,
and allowing users to input their own hints--minimum dimensions, aspect
ratios--either rigid or flexible, maximum dimensions, preferd dimensions,
etc---and make mosaic try to optimize the layout, if necesary refusing to
display all windows, although this last bit should be optional), but not
enough time and wrist-health to work on it.  :(

But you probably could have guessed this...
--
David Roundy
http://www.darcs.net