[Xmonad] heads up: xmonad zipper patch pushed

Alec Berryman alec at thened.net
Sun May 20 11:05:31 EDT 2007

Donald Bruce Stewart on 2007-05-20 17:22:58 +1000:

>     * Also, the changes that affect Xinerama are untested, so Jason, if you can
>       check that out. In particular, I believe focusWindow needs to
>       check for visible workspaces, not just the current workspace.

The zipper as used does breaks Xinerama support.

I have two monitors; when xmonad starts, the screen accessible with 'w'
contains workspace 1, the screen accessible with 'e' contains
workspace 2.  If I create an xterm, it pops up on workspace 1 as
expected.

Under pre-zipper code, if I wanted to create an xterm in workspace 2, I
would hit mod-e to switch to the workspace on the other screen.  When I
try this with the zipper code, the contents of screen 'w' disappear.  I
can create the xterm, but now, if I want to switch back to screen 'w'
from screen 'e', the contents of screen 'e' disappear.