[Xmonad] darcs patch: move Spiral to LayoutHelpers. (and 4 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Jun 27 09:29:53 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 11:03:58PM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> droundy:
> > A resend for dons.  Conflicts with two recently accepted patches, but I
> > don't see that as my fault.  If you accept patches that implement wrong
> > fixes for code written my myself that I've properly fixed, then you can
> > deal with the conflicts.
>
> Thanks David. You can avoid this situatoin by dropping by #xmonad on irc
> to discuss changes, before sending off mountains of code. Its very hard
> to review things that haven't been discussed beforehand, which means
> delays and hold ups, as we sort though the new code. As I say, we like
> to be cautious.

The trouble is that I have very little time for xmonad stuff.  And I
generally find that code itself is the best way of expressing an idea as to
how to do something.

My main objection is not that it took you a while to review the code, but
that you applied changes to modules in XMonadContrib for which I am
nominally the maintainer without even giving me a chance to comment on said
changes, and this after I'd already sent in a fix for the very same
issues.  It makes sense to apply bugfixes quickly, but not when there's a
fix for the very same code by its maintainer waiting for review.
--
David Roundy
http://www.darcs.net