[Xmonad] darcs patch: Note that SimpleStacking is incompatible with Xinerama

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Jun 27 09:00:08 EDT 2007

droundy:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 02:05:25PM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> > jcreigh:
> > > Tue Jun 26 21:54:26 MDT 2007  Jason Creighton <jcreigh at gmail.com>
> > >   * Note that SimpleStacking is incompatible with Xinerama
> > >   It's unclear to me what SimpleStacking is supposed to accomplish, so I'm just
> > >   going to note that it doesn't work with Xinerama. (Due to assuming that the
> > >   current workspace is the one being laid out)
> >
> > Applied. And this is why Tabbed.hs stopped working with Xinerama, as it
> > now uses the simple stacking stuff.
>
> How many patches breaking my code do you have to apply before reviewing my fix?!

Too much code modifying the core was sent without discussion, which
greatly increases the burden on reviewers (i.e. me and Spencer) to check
that semantics don't break, the code makes sense, and is needed. We err
on the side of caution -- there is no rush.

To get through the code, I have moved back 'sticky windows' to after 0.3
is released, and am waiting for a resend of the doLayout stuff on its own.

-- Don