[Xmonad] darcs patch: Note that SimpleStacking is incompatible with Xinerama

Jason Creighton jcreigh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 00:19:33 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 02:05:25PM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> jcreigh:
> > Tue Jun 26 21:54:26 MDT 2007  Jason Creighton <jcreigh at gmail.com>
> >   * Note that SimpleStacking is incompatible with Xinerama
> >   It's unclear to me what SimpleStacking is supposed to accomplish, so I'm just
> >   going to note that it doesn't work with Xinerama. (Due to assuming that the
> >   current workspace is the one being laid out)
>
> Applied. And this is why Tabbed.hs stopped working with Xinerama, as it
> now uses the simple stacking stuff.

So to use tabbed with Xinerama, you want something that looks like this:

defaultLayouts = [ tiled , mirror tiled , tabbed shrinkText defaultTConf ]

ie, don't use the "simpleStacking" combinator.

I realize that the documentation in Tabbed.hs tells you to do something
that won't work, and I realize we need to fix that. I just don't want to
change that without first understanding what SimpleStacking is/was
supposed to do. (It looks like it's supposed to keep a focus stack of
sorts?)

David, any input on this would be very much appreciated.

Jason Creighton