[Xmonad] xmobar-0.3 "the Threaded" released!

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Tue Jun 26 15:34:06 EDT 2007

Hi,

I keep working on xmobar, my status bar for XMonad.

With this release I'm starting to address performance issues:

1. Now each command is run in a separate thread, and the output saved
   in a MVar. This reduces xmobar memory usage and, for multi cpu/core
   systems it could be less resource consuming. The bottle neck
   remains: System.Process.runInteractiveCommand. I'll try to address
   this problem too. Any idea?

2. It is now possible to set a refresh time for each command to be
   run. See xmobar.config-sample.

3. Xbar type is now modelled over XMonad X. It increases very slightly
   memory footprint but it simplifies many functions.

4. The single file has been split into several ones.

5. A new monitor has been added, to check weather information. See
   xmobar.config-sample to see how to set it to retrieve weather
   information every 60 minutes. In the argument list you need to
   specify the weather station code (to demonstrate independent
   refresh rates).

6. Released through Hackage.

Grab it here:
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/xmobar-0.3