[Xmonad] darcs patch: add CopyWindow module, to support sticky/tagged windows.

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sun Jun 24 12:04:35 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Here's support for sticky windows and dwm-style tagging.  Requires (I
believe) my improved delete.  It almost duplicates code in StackSet, since
I wanted to make as few modifications as possible.  So by default, insertUp
will refuse to act on sticky windows, and shift will delete a sticky window
from all workspaces but one.

We can later decide if we want to change their behavior in core to behave
well with sticky windows, or just duplicate it here.  My feeling is that
this module eventually belongs in core, but that contrib is the right place
to develop it.  kill1, for instance, I think could probably eventually
replace kill (it behaves identically on non-sticky windows), and with
changes to the quickcheck tests, insertUp' could replace insertUp.

David

Sun Jun 24 08:56:48 PDT 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * add CopyWindow module, to support sticky/tagged windows.
  This module allows dwm-style tagging (as I understand dwm).  You can have a
  given window visible in multiple workspaces.  If it's visible in two
  workspaces both of which are visible, a gap will show up in one of them
  (which is something that needs fixing in xmonad core).  Also defines a
  kill1 which is like kill, but only removes from the current workspace a
  window if it's in multiple workspaces.