[Xmonad] error compiling NoBorders

Tobias Hammerschmidt tobias.hammerschmidt at gmx.de
Sun Jun 24 07:54:40 EDT 2007

Am Samstag, 23. Juni 2007 17:07 schrieben Sie:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 01:02:15PM +0200, Tobias Hammerschmidt wrote:
> > Hi @ all,
> >
> > I've got a problem (once again). I'd like to hold presentations in
> > fullscreen mode. Therefore I tried to build xmonad with the module
> > NoBorders. But when I'm going to compile xmonad I'm getting the following
> > error:
> >
> > $ runghc Setup.lhs build
> > Preprocessing executables for xmonad-0.2...
> > Building xmonad-0.2...
> > [4 of 8] Compiling Config[boot]     ( Config.hs-boot, nothing )
> > [7 of 8] Compiling Config           ( Config.hs,
> > dist/build/xmonad/xmonad-tmp/Config.o )
> >
> > Config.hs:33:0:
> >     Warning: Definition but no type signature for `layouts'
> > [8 of 8] Compiling Main             ( Main.hs,
> > dist/build/xmonad/xmonad-tmp/Main.o )
> >
> > Main.hs:65:14:
> >     Ambiguous occurrence `layouts'
> >     It could refer to either `layouts', imported from XMonad at
> > Main.hs:30:0-12
> > 		          or `layouts', imported from Config at Main.hs:31:0-12
> > 					  (defined at Config.hs:33:0)
> >
> > Sorry but my haskell knowledge is slightly above >>putStrLn "Hello
> > world!"<< so I'm not able to fix it myself (however I hope that I can
> > dive into haskell after my exams in july).
> >
> > PS: I followed the usage description in the module NoBorders. Xmonad and
> > XMonadContrib are from darcs (pulled yesterday).
>
> Looks like it :)  The NoBorders module description appears to have been
> typoed.  You would want to modify the existing defaultLayouts = [ ... ]
> line, not add a new layouts = [ ... ] line.
>
> Stefan

thx Stefan,

you are right. Following your suggestion everything works fine. Presentations
will be much better without a red box drawed around them :). However the
usage guide should be fixed for other newbies like me ;) Hm shouldn't write
so much, maybe I've got a drink to much right now ;).

tobias