[Xmonad] Issue 24 in xmonad: focus moves correctly, but its visible indication is wrong

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sun Jun 17 03:28:19 EDT 2007

codesite-noreply:
> Issue 24: focus moves correctly, but its visible indication is wrong
> http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=24

Thanks Matthias.

> New issue report by matthias.neubauer:
> What steps will reproduce the problem?
> 1. start xmonad
> 2. open xterm
> 3. open another xterm
> 4. move mouse cursor in second xterm
>
> What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
>
> - Expected output: I expect to move the focus (highlighted text cursor) together with the mouse
> from the first window to   the second.
>
> - Instead, the focus (highlighted text cursor) stays in the first window *and* moves to the
> second window

Yes, I was able to reproduce this with xterm.

I note however that urxvt *doesn't* have a problem here. We're going to
put this down as an xterm bug for now (since we encourage the use of
urxvt anyway).

So, a solution (and better in the long run) is to update to rxvt-unicode
(it also handles resize much better).

    http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/rxvt-unicode.html

Cheers,
  Don