[Xmonad] darcs patch: make workspace tag not need to be a Num.

Bruce Stephens xmonad at cenderis.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 06:03:05 EDT 2007

dons at cse.unsw.edu.au (Donald Bruce Stewart) writes:

> xmonad:

[...]

>> On the other hand, it's sometimes really annoying when window managers
>> *do* respect that, and refuse to show you the dialog under the topmost
>> window.  And probably it doesn't matter greatly.  It's not bothered me
>> so far since the floating support came in.
>
> Good to know. I like xmonad's 'disrespectful to clients' philosophy too :-)

Yes, in some case I remember it being impossible even to move a window
that's not on the top.  Very annoying.  On the whole I regard xmonad's
behaviour as a feature rather than a bug.

> Client windows don't know what's good for them!

Indeed, I think most window managers let them get away with far too
much with allowing them to choose their position and size.