[Xmonad] darcs patch: make workspace tag not need to be a Num.

Bruce Stephens xmonad at cenderis.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 05:31:42 EDT 2007

Jason Creighton <jcreigh at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Hmm. Consider: Suppose you have some windows on screen 1, and you hide that
> workspace. Later, you make that workspace visible on a different scren. Now to
> position the floating windows correctly, you have to check if they are on a
> different screen, and if they are, translate their coordinates to the current
> screen. Remember that screens can be different sizes.

It would also be nice if windows remembered their dimensions when
tiled in ordinary layouts, so you could tile a transient for a little
while, then float it again with its previous dimensions.  I'm not sure
how critical that would be, though.

Another possibly useful feature would be to respect ordering of
floating windows.  transient is a relation, not a boolean so a
collection of floating windows is partially ordered by it, which I
don't think is respected in any way by xmonad.

On the other hand, it's sometimes really annoying when window managers
*do* respect that, and refuse to show you the dialog under the topmost
window.  And probably it doesn't matter greatly.  It's not bothered me
so far since the floating support came in.

[...]