[Xmonad] darcs patch: add new combo layout combiner.

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue Jun 12 10:05:47 EDT 2007

droundy:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 11:46:51PM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> > droundy:
> > > I've fixed it to compile (soon to be sent in) but it'll be more work to
> > > make it actually work again.  :( Rather disappointing that as soon as I get
> > > a layout with which I can consider actually switching to use xmonad
> > > full-time it no longer works.  It relied on subtleties of the raising and
> > > lowering of windows which apparently no longer work.  In particular, the
> >
> > Right. Undocumented semantics not to be relied upon.
> > We've not fixed the API, though it probably won't change that much.
>
> Stacking order, unfortunately, is something that seems to be both
> undocumented and untested... I wonder if there could be a way to introduce
> the concept into Stack?

There is, as its supposed to be the integral of the focus , concated
with the integral of the tiled layer. That defines the stacking order as
defined by the stackset itself.

To do this requires separate tiled and stack layers, which are in the
works. They're not as concise as I'd like, unfortunately, so I'm
delaying the merge.

-- Don