[Xmonad] darcs patch: change keybinding for restart to Escape.

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Mon Jun 11 17:11:29 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 03:55:50PM -0500, Spencer Janssen wrote:
> > I don't know whether we want to change the default bindings here, but
> > mod-Q I find highly annoying, in that it conflicts with one of my
> > favorite emacs commands.  It seems like Escape should work as well
> > here.
>
> I think we'll stick with mod-q for now.  In general, it is very
> difficult to find key combinations that don't offend emacs users ;).
> Perhaps you want to use an alternate key for mod instead?

I could do that, but I imagine it's a bit of a pain, since I use different
keyboards (on different computers) with the same xmonad.  And it still
doesn't really solve the problem, since I have alt keys located in
different locations on different keyboards (I suppose I could remap that as
well, but then I'd have to remember where it's been remapped).  I think
I'll just stick with moving this to Escape.

I'm sort of curious:  why is it that we use the number keys rather than the
Fn keys to go to workspaces? It seems like those F1-F12 keys are pretty
under-used, and I personally use the number keys pretty often (yes, an
emacs user...).
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics