[Xmonad] darcs patch: we cannot change GContext of decfor with a function th...

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Mon Jun 11 10:04:18 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 06:49:38AM -0700, David Roundy wrote:
> I don't quite buy your explanation of this error--but I'm only about 24
> hours ahead of you in my knowledge of X and GContext, so I'm stumped also.
> I can verify that your patch does remove the error messages, but I just
> don't understand why there is an error here.

well, I do not have what I would call a clear understanding of the
issues, but when
withGC w f = withDisplay $ \d -> do gc <- io $ createGC d w
                                    f d w gc
                                    io $ freeGC d gc
is evaluated, w in createGC and gc in freeGC seems to be wrong. And
this is event:
       | thisw == decfor && t == propertyNotify = draw'
turns to be the case.

you are right, though. what I was writing before was quite senseless.

andrea