[Xmonad] Tabbed layout, xinerama, strange crashing

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Mon Jun 11 09:15:30 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 11:39:56AM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> Looks like is should be using 'peek' instead of the partial function, 'focus'.
> I presume David will take care of this soon.

Any chance we can avoid exporting partial functions from StackSet? It's not
much use in terms of robustness to quickcheck that StackSet behaves
properly and then export functions that will kill xmonad if used
improperly.

Also nice would be the ability to catch exceptions in the X monad (as
discussed before).  It seems that xlib crashes when I try to find the width
of a string.  I'd enjoy not having to log in again when this happens.

In general, stability seems to be the weakest point of xmonad at the
moment--contrary to the advertizing.
--
David Roundy
http://www.darcs.net