[Xmonad] Re: reserved keyboard shortcuts

Jason Creighton jcreigh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 02:29:10 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 08:10:32AM -0400, David Glasser wrote:
> On 6/4/07, Zheng Li <li at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> >Is it possible to allow defining keys combination as the modifier? I used
> >to be
> >a wmii user, on which I define Ctrl-t as the modifier a la Ratpoison and
> >Emacs.
>
> This isn't currently possible, although it wouldn't be too hard to
> write (the tricky part is running through all the windows and updating
> which keys are grabbed each time the current keymap is changed).

Actually, it's easier than that: I wrote a proof of concept that allows
creating submaps. See XMonadContrib.Submap.

It may or may not be actually useful, I just wanted to play with it and
see if XGrabKeyboard() and XUngrabKeyboard() work the way I thought they
did.  (And basically, they do)

Jason Creighton