[Xmonad] xinerama not working

Ruben Porras nahoo82 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 05:39:24 EDT 2007

Am Samstag, den 02.06.2007, 03:08 -0500 schrieb Spencer Janssen:
> On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 09:48:55 +0200
> Ruben Porras <nahoo82 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If it helps, I'm usisg xorg 1.3.0 and I'm activating the second
> > monitor through the command
> >
> > xrandr --output VGA --left-of LVDS
>
> Hmm, this should work (I run the same command every day).  Are you
> running xrandr before or after xmonad starts?

after xrandr. Im using the same .xsession file as for ion3, I'm only
changing the last line, from exec ion3 to exec xmonad.

> Does xmonad pick up the right screen geometry after restart (mod-q,
> make sure xmonad is in your path)?

the same problem persist, also after closing all the windows and
openining a new xterm. Xmonad is in the path.

> Has your server loaded the Xinerama extension?  Check with 'xdpyinfo |
> grep XINERAMA'.

yes, it works well with ion3 + the xinerama module and with metacity.

> PS - you should try running Jason's little diagnostic script from an
> earlier post in this thread

I cannot find the script in the archives, could someone mail it to me?

Thanks.