[Xmonad] Three column layout

Kai Grossjohann kai at emptydomain.de
Sat Jul 21 10:56:16 EDT 2007

Below, please find a patch that implements a three column layout.
Beware that I don't know Haskell at all.  It seems to work for me, but I
am surprised.

Three column layout is similar to the built-in tall layout, except that
it has three columns, the left-most of which is the master column.

Please do not hesitate to suggest improvements (or to send patches).

Thanks,
Kai

New patches:

[Three column layout
Kai Grossjohann <kai at emptydomain.de>**20070721144654
 This layout is similar to tall, but has three columns.  The first column
 is the master column.
] {
addfile ./ThreeColumns.hs
hunk ./ThreeColumns.hs 1
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
+-- |
+-- Module      :  XMonadContrib.ThreeColumns
+-- Copyright   :  (c) Kai Grossjohann <kai at emptydomain.de>
+-- License     :  BSD3-style (see LICENSE)
+--
+-- Maintainer  :  ?
+-- Stability   :  unstable
+-- Portability :  unportable
+--
+-- A layout similar to tall but with three columns.
+--
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
+
+module XMonadContrib.ThreeColumns (
+                              -- * Usage
+                              -- $usage
+                              threeCol
+                             ) where
+
+import XMonad
+import qualified StackSet as W
+import Operations ( Resize(..), IncMasterN(..), splitVertically, tall )
+
+import Data.Ratio
+
+--import Control.Monad.State
+import Control.Monad.Reader
+
+import Graphics.X11.Xlib
+
+-- $usage
+--
+-- You can use this module with the following in your Config.hs file:
+--
+-- > import XMonadContrib.ThreeColumns
+--
+--  and add, to the list of layouts:
+--
+-- > threeCol
+
+threeCol :: Int -> Rational -> Rational -> Layout a
+threeCol nmaster delta frac =
+    Layout { doLayout     = \r -> return . (\x->(x,Nothing)) .
+                                  ap zip (tile3 frac r nmaster . length) . W.integrate
+           , modifyLayout = \m -> return $ msum [fmap resize     (fromMessage m)
+                                                ,fmap incmastern (fromMessage m)] }
+
+    where resize Shrink = tall nmaster delta (max 0 $ frac-delta)
+          resize Expand = tall nmaster delta (min 1 $ frac+delta)
+          incmastern (IncMasterN d) = tall (max 0 (nmaster+d)) delta frac
+
+-- | tile3.  Compute window positions using 3 panes
+tile3 :: Rational -> Rectangle -> Int -> Int -> [Rectangle]
+tile3 f r nmaster n = if n <= nmaster || nmaster == 0
+    then splitVertically n r
+    else splitVertically nmaster r1 ++ splitVertically nmid r2 ++ splitVertically nright r3
+  where (r1, r2, r3) = split3HorizontallyBy f r
+        nslave = (n - nmaster)
+        nmid = floor (nslave % 2)
+        nright = (n - nmaster - nmid)
+
+split3HorizontallyBy :: Rational -> Rectangle -> (Rectangle, Rectangle, Rectangle)
+split3HorizontallyBy f (Rectangle sx sy sw sh) =
+    ( Rectangle sx sy leftw sh
+    , Rectangle (sx + fromIntegral leftw) sy midw sh
+    , Rectangle (sx + fromIntegral leftw + fromIntegral midw) sy rightw sh )
+  where leftw = floor $ fromIntegral sw * (2/3) * f
+        midw = floor ( (sw - leftw) % 2 )
+        rightw = sw - leftw - midw
}

Context:

[Made the direction of spiral in Spiral.hs optionally configurable
bobstopper at bobturf.org**20070721002307]
[DeManage: take a Window as argument
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070718204410]
[Typo
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070718204041]
[Add XMonadContrib.DeManage: a module for unmanaging windows (like panels)
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070718203107]
[Tabbed.hs: corrected error in Usage reported by Xavier Maillard
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070717050034]
[fixes Commands.hs
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070716164017]
[MetaModule.hs: add missing modules.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070715205857]
[Magnifier: unbreak: raise focus window
Peter De Wachter <pdewacht at gmail.com>**20070630072206]
[Spiral.hs: correct module header.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070707212836]
[LayoutScreens.hs: correct module header.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070701215712]
[add FlexibleResize to MetaModule
l.mai at web.de**20070708130229]
[link to xinerama-dmenu patch for dmenu 3.2
Jason Creighton <jcreigh at gmail.com>**20070708021413
 Thanks to Dave Harrison for an updated version of the patch.
]
[Tabbed: updated usage information
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070707065123]
[Tabs should stay beneath any floating window
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070707064941
 This ifxes the issue reported by Geoffrey Alan Washburn: " Sometimes the
 tabs will be drawn on top of floating windows." Not anymore!
]
[Tabbed: added more configuration options
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070706130845
 It is now possible to configure active and inactive border colors, and
 active and inactive text colors (i.e. tabs are now very similar to Ion3
 tabs: former Ion users may appreciate).
]
[NamedWindows: if fetchName returns Nothing sets the name to resName ClassHint
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070706130644
 fetchName may return a Nothing if the window's name contains multi byte
 characters. In such a case the resName string of the ClassHints of that
 window will be used instead.
]
[the gaps list should be filled with the default value from Config.hs
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070704224110]
[SimpleStacking: -Wall police
Alec Berryman <alec at thened.net>**20070704201255]
[SimpleStacking: remove note about Xinerama incompatability, works fine now
Alec Berryman <alec at thened.net>**20070704200626]
[ScreenLayouts.hs: updates to the last API changes
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070703201145
 A silent API change broke this nice piece of David's code: Spencer decided
 to move screen details into StackSet, and there we went to manipulate them!
]
[More ScreenDetails fixes
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070630065916]
[Make GreedyView work with ScreenDetails
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070630065643]
[flexible resizing for floating windows
l.mai at web.de**20070629171038

 The default resize handler for floating windows warps the mouse pointer to
 the bottom right corner of the window (fixing the opposite, upper left,
 corner). This extension lets you use any of the four window corners as
 grabbing points, allowing more flexible resizing.

]
[resolve conflicts in Decoration and Tabbed.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070629204518
 Note that you no longer need simpleStacking when using tabbed.
]
[resolve conflict in Square.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070629201636]
[clean up code in Combo.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070624171346
 This adds some type safety, since the super-layout is now of a distinct
 type from the sublayouts.  This avoids the ugliness we had, of passing
 "fake" windows to the super layout.  Now we directly lay out the layouts.
]
[add CopyWindow module, to support sticky/tagged windows.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070624155648
 This module allows dwm-style tagging (as I understand dwm).  You can have a
 given window visible in multiple workspaces.  If it's visible in two
 workspaces both of which are visible, a gap will show up in one of them
 (which is something that needs fixing in xmonad core).  Also defines a
 kill1 which is like kill, but only removes from the current workspace a
 window if it's in multiple workspaces.
]
[make everything work with new doLayout.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070623210952
 This modifies all the contrib modules to work (so far as I know) with the
 new contrib layout.  The exception is the LayoutHooks module, which isn't
 used.  It exports an API that is inherently unsafe, so far as I can tell
 (and always has been).
]
[move Accordian to use idModify.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070623143745]
[introduce idModify which is just "const (return Nothing)".
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070623143542]
[move Spiral to LayoutHelpers.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070623143516]
[Note that SimpleStacking is incompatible with Xinerama
Jason Creighton <jcreigh at gmail.com>**20070627035426
 It's unclear to me what SimpleStacking is supposed to accomplish, so I'm just
 going to note that it doesn't work with Xinerama. (Due to assuming that the
 current workspace is the one being laid out)
]
[Tabbed: Make use of the Stack to get focused window
Jason Creighton <jcreigh at gmail.com>**20070627033910]
[Accordion.hs: whitespace.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070626071449
 Makes Haddock not complain about not finding documentation for '$'.
]
[MetaModule.hs: add LayoutHelpers.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070626065522
 Also tweaks import ordering slightly.
]
[Tabbed.hs: updated usage information
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070625140735]
[added configration options and moved font stuff to Decorations.hs
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070625140112
 Added a new data type to keep configuration options. tabbed now takes the shrinker and the configuration
 type.
 Fixed a bug related to vertical alignment of text.
]
[Decoration.hs: added automatic font managment
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070625135722
 newDecoration now takes also a fontname to set fonts in decorations that use them.
 If an empty string is send the the default Xorg fonts will be loaded.
]
[fix usage instructions on NoBorders.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070624141631]
[remove BackCompat.hs
daniel at wagner-home.com**20070624171740]
[Square.hs: put usage instructions after imports for Haddock compatibility.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070623184938]
[Magnifier.hs: quote screenshot url for Haddock compatibility.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070623223227]
[add new LayoutHelpers module.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070622142950]
[Add SinkAll module.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070623050510
 Provides a means of pushing all windows on the current workspace back into
 tiling. Not all that useful, but might be preferable to restarting or manually
 pushing windows.
]
[Magnifier.hs: needs -fglasgow-exts to compile.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070622111442]
[fix usage info for LayoutScreens.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070622132618]
[add new LayoutScreens module.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070622131300]
[Magnifier: raise the focus window
Peter De Wachter <pdewacht at gmail.com>**20070621192541]
[Circle: raise the focus window
Peter De Wachter <pdewacht at gmail.com>**20070621191207]
[Circle cleanups
Peter De Wachter <pdewacht at gmail.com>**20070621191125]
[make Mosaic lay thigs out a bit better.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070621162632]
[add SimpleStacking module to make Combo and Tabbed work together.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070621151524
 WARNING! This change will break existing Tabbed configurations.  The
 problem is that there is no way within a Layout's "doLayout" to safely
 modify the layout itself.  This makes LayoutHooks fragile, and more to the
 point, makes SimpleStacking fragile, so we can't safely define a

 tabbed' = simpleStacking . tabbed

 A workaround would have been to duplicate the tabbed code, but I'd rather
 leave the ugliness and get this fixed.
]
[Make Magnifier's master window behavior customizable
Peter De Wachter <pdewacht at gmail.com>**20070620170020
 based on a suggestion by Tim Hobbs
]
[Whitespace.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070620115852]
[Make Mosaic compile without warnings
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070620153111]
[make some layouts more general.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070620125420]
[Mosaic.hs: get rid off some of the warnings generated by -Wall.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070620123449
 Unused definitions and imports left in, as I assume they'll be used for
 something later on.
]
[MetaModule.hs: add LayoutHooks.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070620115457]
[Combo.hs: use case instead of non-standard pattern matching.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070620112805
 Also uses fmap/maybe instead of do/case, which makes the code look a little
 cleaner (imo).
 Please note that I've only been able to test this briefly, but it seems to be
 working like it's supposed to.
]
[Combo.hs: tweak usage instructions.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070620112555
 tabbed needs an additional argument.
]
[README: change reference to 'examples/'.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070620093753]
[Use Data.Ord.comparing in DynamicLog
Shachaf Ben-Kiki <shachaf at gmail.com>**20070620011016
 This patch replaces (compare `on`) with Data.ord.comparing, so on doesn't have
 to be defined.
]
[Fix type signatures.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070619220323
 Think this fixes the rest of the errors caused by the Layout change.
]
[MagicFocus.magicFocus: fix type signature.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070619214839
 Layout change caused because of missing type argument.
]
[LayoutHooks.hs: add module header.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070619204504]
[Factor out pprWindowSet (and Xinerama version) from dynamicLog.
Shachaf Ben-Kiki <shachaf at gmail.com>**20070619183657
 This patch lets you pretty-print a WindowSet to a string, rather than always
 printing it out to stdout directly.
]
[clean up TwoPane to work on Stacks as it ought.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070619150928]
[run-xmonad.sh: don't hard-code path to mkfifo.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070619124212
 mkfifo isn't located in /sbin on all distributions (Gentoo puts it in /bin).
 By temporarily appending /sbin to PATH both setups are supported.
 'which' and friends are not viable options since /sbin usually isn't in
 user's PATH by default.
]
[Anneal.hs: add module header.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070619002849]
[run-xmonad.sh: use $HOME when setting PATH.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070618234703]
[Circle.hs: only compute sqrt 2 once.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070618232051]
[Magnifier.hs: add usage instructions.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070618212215]
[MagicFocus.hs: add module header and usage instructions.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070618205421]
[MagicFocus.magicFocus: add type signature.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070618205222]
[Accordion.hs: add module header and usage instructions.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070618193626]
[LayoutHints.hs: add usage thingie for Haddock.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070618143234]
[LayoutHints.hs: add module header.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070618143059]
[Dzen.hs: add module header.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070618142915]
[MetaModule.hs: correct module header.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070618191905]
[Remove all references to exec
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070618201652]
[Add Accordion to MetaModule
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070618190526]
[Add an "accordion" layout which puts non-focused windows in ribbons at the top and bottom of the screen.
glasser at mit.edu**20070618153943]
[RotView.rotView: use Data.Ord.comparing.
joachim.fasting at gmail.com**20070618144502
 Looks a bit cleaner than '\x y -> compare (tag x) (tag y)'
]
[shrink window names to fit tabs.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070617152340]
[Tabbed.hs: fixed centerText issues and some binding shadowing warnings
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070617104219
 This patch fixes the centerText issue due to the inappropriate use of
 textExtends and textWidth. Those functions need a FontStruct id to
 operate, and this cannot be retrieved with queryFont (see comments in
 Graphics.X11.Xlib.Font).
 So we now get the FontStruct with loadQueryFont, we set the default
 Xorg fonts and we calculate things for (vertical and horizontal)
 centering.
 It also removes some binding shadows compiler warnings
]
[fix leak in Combo.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070616191052
 We leaked decorations, since UnDoLayout wasn't passed to the actual layouts
 that had decorations attached.  :(
]
[Typo
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070617000924]
[Comment only
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070617000805]
[Import typo
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070614211337]
[Magnifier layout hack
Peter De Wachter <pdewacht at gmail.com>**20070614203219
 This layout hack increases the size of the window that has focus (the master
 window excepted). This causes it to overlap with nearby windows, so not for
 tiling purists :)

 Screenshot: http://caladan.rave.org/magnifier.png
]
[Use Haskell '98 data declaration rather than GADT-style
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070614205211]
[WorkspaceDir.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614144443]
[Warp.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614144426]
[TwoPane.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614144409]
[Submap.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614144348]
[Square.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614144317]
[Spiral.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614144300]
[SimpleDate.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614144241]
[RotView.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614144225]
[NoBorders.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614144200]
[NamedWindows.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614144135]
[Mosaic.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614144118]
[metaModule.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614144102]
[HintedTile.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614144019]
[GreedyView.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614143953]
[FindEmptyWorkspace.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614143909]
[DynamicLog.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614143839]
[DwmPromote.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614143813]
[Dmenu.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614143753]
[Decoration.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614143731]
[Combo.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614143700]
[Circle.hs: info and documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614143550]
[BackCompat.hs info e documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070614064850]
[Tabbed.hs: Get correct color values instead of assuming a 24-bit display
Jason Creighton <jcreigh at gmail.com>**20070613235049
 Using, eg, 0xBBBBBB directly makes assumptions about the server's colormap and
 only works on 24-bit displays.

 This patch fetches the colors on every doLayout call, which is ugly, but works.
 It would be nice if we could do all the required initColors only once.
]
[added info to Commands.hs
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070613190908
 Haddock stuff.
]
[add bsd-style license for xmonad contrib
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070614025454]
[Update license information
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070613152829]
[template for module information e documentation
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070613131029]
[Remove some debugging statements I forgot about earlier
Stefan O'Rear <stefanor at cox.net>**20070613041112]
[Update MagicFocus to the new StackSet
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070613035323]
[Magic Focus
Peter De Wachter <pdewacht at gmail.com>**20070612175357
 Automatically puts the focused window in the master position. It's magic.
 I wrote this for the Circle layout, but it's actually usable with other
 layouts as well.
]
[add -fglasgow-exts to some modules that use it.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070612170349]
[changes to work with Stacks that can't be empty.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070612151209]
[add Combo and Square to MetaModule.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070612133753]
[new module NoBorders to let a given layout have windows without borders.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070612133727
 This is designed for layouts like full and tabbed, where the red square
 around the screen actually conveys no information (except for weird windows
 that use the shape extension or something, so that more than one window is
 actually visible).  Save some real estate at no cost.
]
[make combo sort of work with new doLayout.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070612133027
 For some reason (not entirely clear to me) this doesn't work properly just
 yet with the tabbed layout.  :( But at least it'll compile.  The trouble is
 that we have no way of tracking which tab ought to be visible without
 adding a *lot* of infrastructure.  I'd rather have that infrastructure in
 xmonad proper than reimplement all the focus-handling in combo, so for now
 I'll just delay upgrading my xmonad at work...
]
[make square work with new doLayout.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070612133009]
[add "Square" layout.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070612021048
 This is probably only ever useful in combination with Combo.
 It sticks one window in a square region, and makes the rest
 of the windows live with what's left (in a full-screen sense).
]
[add new combo layout combiner.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070611224922]
[In Decoration.hs, track rename of ModifyWindows
Stefan O'Rear <stefanor at cox.net>**20070612060713]
[Refactor Decoration into a general layout-level hooks interface, and a decoration support module on top of that
Stefan O'Rear <stefanor at cox.net>**20070612060210]
[the Stack can be Empty
Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070612055144]
[Documentation fix
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070612035655]
[Comment only
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070612031305]
[Fix LayoutHints in the presence of nonzero border widths
Stefan O'Rear <stefanor at cox.net>**20070611005407]
[add keybinding to make aspect ratio flexible.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070611165915]
[Note the modules I maintain
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070611184830]
[Add MetaModule
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070611184601]
[Updates to work with recent API changes
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070611183439]
[Rename safeIO to catchIO
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070611162028]
[add WorkspaceDir, which sets the current directory in a workspace.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070611154041
 Actually, it sets the current directory in a layout, since there's no way I
 know of to attach a behavior to a workspace.  This means that any terminals
 (or other programs) pulled up in that workspace (with that layout) will
 execute in that working directory.  Sort of handy, I think.
]
[fmt
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070611053450]
[added dynamicLogXinerama, a workspace logger that's nicer for Xinerama
Jason Creighton <jcreigh at gmail.com>**20070611051810]
[redraw decorations on PropertyNotify
Jason Creighton <jcreigh at gmail.com>**20070611021408
 newDecoration now takes a Window parameter, which is the window the decoration
 is "for". If there is a PropertyNotify for that window, the decoration is
 redrawn.
]
[use safe peek instead of unsafe focus
Jason Creighton <jcreigh at gmail.com>**20070611015437
 Fixes crashing bug with Xinerama where you have a tabbed layout on one screen
 and attempt to switch to an empty workspace on the other.
]
[make Tabbed respect the y position of the layout rect (statusbar bugfix)
Jason Creighton <jcreigh at gmail.com>**20070610231510]
[tune layout of Tabbed just a bit.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070610203513]
[make Decoration set the input mask appropriately.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070610203451]
[Updates for Layout API change
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070610203840]
[color focussed tab differently.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070610195743]
[update Mosaic for latest changes.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070610145816]
[maximize rather than minimize the rating.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070601183240]
[fix error in select.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070601183147]
[improve changeMosaic.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070601175042]
[cut obsolete description of mosaic.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070609131456]
[start switching over to a Monte Carlo algorithm for Mosaic
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070601170505]
[new layout algorithm for Mosaic.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070527191153]
[display names of windows on tabs.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070610163729]
[make Decoration draw the window initially.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070610163651
 We still don't respond to expose events.  :(
]
[Fix name of xmonad-clock in compilation instructions.
glasser at mit.edu**20070610155204]
[add Decoration module to be used to easily define decorations.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070610153939]
[add sketch of tabbed layout.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070610153926]
[make LayoutHints work with new modifyLayout (in X).
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070610145740]
[tag visibles with <N>
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070610111931]
[tweak pkill
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070610093027]
[greedydoc
dave at nullcube.com**20070610091056
 Add documentation on how to use GreedyView as your default workspace switcher.
]
[use all 3 load values
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070610090959]
[Modified xmonad-clock.c to display battery information from ACPI (will work only on linux though). Also restored three load averages instead of only one.
buisse at cs.chalmers.se**20070610090228]
[example xinitrc
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070610085715]
[update run-xmonad.sh
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070610063915]
[no need for ./scripts/xmonad-status.c, update run-xmonad.sh
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070610062806]
[add DynamicLog.hs
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070610062757]
[make LayoutHints robust with regard to future addition of Layout fields.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070609173725]
[remove out of date ./scripts/xmonad-status.hs
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070610005107]
[add new LayoutHints module that makes layouts respect size hints.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070604213716]
[improve xmonad-status.c
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070609140258]
[Add C script for parsing new logging encoding, and displaying workspace info
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070609131856]
[missing unsetenv
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070609090127]
[add tiny clock program (C) i'm using in the status bar
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070609080435]
[remove obsolete 'examples' dir
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070609061450]
[latest version of xmonad-status.hs
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070609060913]
[remove dead version
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070609060857]
[Circle layout
Peter De Wachter <pdewacht at gmail.com>**20070606064153
 Windows are arranged in a circle around the master window. Rather nice to use
 with a mouse, if you got many windows open.

 Screenshot: http://caladan.rave.org/circle.png
]
[Submap: For creating keyboard submappings
Jason Creighton <jcreigh at gmail.com>**20070606061941]
[nicer format for dynamic workspaces
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070606045705]
[add script which only draws current workspace, and those with clients
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070606044544]
[In docs, change name of program from mux to xmonad-status.
glasser at mit.edu**20070605140045]
[Add xmonad-status.hs
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070605132108

 An external status bar client for xmonad.

 See screenshots:

     http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/tmp/dons-dzen-status.png
     http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/tmp/xmonad-dzen-tags.png

]
[gapless tiled layout obeying size hints
Peter De Wachter <pdewacht at gmail.com>**20070605071716]
[Contrib package for 6.4 users
daniel at wagner-home.com**20070604225534]
[XMonadContrib.ReadMap: a Read instance of Map for GHC 6.4 users
daniel at wagner-home.com**20070602064318]
[keybindings to warp pointer to window center
daniel at wagner-home.com**20070602062328]
[XMonadContrib.Commands: for workspace and screen commands, leave out W/S tag
glasser at mit.edu**20070601161351]
[New contrib module: run internal xmonad commands via dmenu
glasser at mit.edu**20070601043849]
[Note that my xinerama patch is now in dzen.
glasser at mit.edu**20070601041112]
[Rescreen is in main xmonad now
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070528050656]
[replace "name" in NamedWindow with a Show instance.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070526185114]
[[Spiral] blend in the scale factor so it doesn't have any effect on the smallest windows
joe.thornber at gmail.com**20070525032732]
[[Spiral] last rect takes all available space
joe.thornber at gmail.com**20070524120239]
[[Spiral] Introduce a simpler Rect data type to remove a lot of the fromIntegrals
joe.thornber at gmail.com**20070524100423]
[[Spiral] divideRects now takes a list of directions to split in
joe.thornber at gmail.com**20070524090211]
[[Spiral] misc tidying
joe.thornber at gmail.com**20070524085537]
[[Spiral] remove old spiral code
joe.thornber at gmail.com**20070524084805]
[[Spiral] add fibonacci spiral
joe.thornber at gmail.com**20070524084423]
[Allow clients of NamedWindows to get at the name.
glasser at mit.edu**20070523184251]
[dzen module (with xinerama support, which requires glasser's Xinerama patch to dzen)
glasser at mit.edu**20070523184315]
[Extract NamedWindow support from Mosaic into its own module
glasser at mit.edu**20070523155855]
[remove SwapFocus (which is no longer possible)
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070523153841
 This module depended on the focus stack.
]
[Fix Spiral's module name
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070522170909]
[[SPIRAL] add spiral tiling layout
joe.thornber at gmail.com**20070522062537]
[Make RotView compile.
Miikka Koskinen <arcatan at kapsi.fi>**20070522075338

 As I'm not a Xinerama user, I'm not sure if rotView should consider only
 hidden workspaces or also visible but not focused workspaces. I thought hidden
 workspaces only would be more logical.
]
[bug fix in DwmPromote. whoops.
Miikka Koskinen <arcatan at kapsi.fi>**20070522062118]
[make FindEmptyWorkspace compile
Miikka Koskinen <arcatan at kapsi.fi>**20070521123239]
[make DwmPromote compile
Miikka Koskinen <arcatan at kapsi.fi>**20070521123140]
[updated Dmenu.hs to work with zipper StackSet
Jason Creighton <jcreigh at gmail.com>**20070521233947]
[Add GreedyView
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070521220048]
[Rescreen: collects new screen information
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070521164808]
[Fixes for windowset -> workspace rename
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070521042118]
[TwoPane: hide windows that aren't in view
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070518224240]
[make Mosaic even less picky by default.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070516175554]
[add clear window message in Mosaic.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070516175518]
[Comment only
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070517211003]
[Add instructions for TwoPane
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070517210206]
[Add TwoPane
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070517195618]
[throttle the exponential expense when many windows are present.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070516022123]
[make mosaic configure windows by name rather than by Window.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070512215644
 Note that this is still pretty flawed.  Often window names change, and the
 layout then stagnates a bit.  Gimp, for example, opens most its windows
 with the same name before renaming them, so you have to hit mod-return or
 something to force a doLayout.  Also, gimp still overrides xmonad regarding
 the size of its main window.  :(
]
[XMonadContrib.FindEmptyWorkspace
Miikka Koskinen <arcatan at kapsi.fi>**20070513184338

 With this module you can find empty workspaces, view them and tag windows to
 them.
]
[make DwmPromote compile
Miikka Koskinen <arcatan at kapsi.fi>**20070513184254]
[make DwmPromote compile again
Miikka Koskinen <arcatan at kapsi.fi>**20070510154158]
[make DwmPromote compile
Miikka Koskinen <arcatan at kapsi.fi>**20070503105236]
[add SwapFocus.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070512191315]
[make rotView only consider non-visible workspaces (Xinerama)
Jason Creighton <jcreigh at gmail.com>**20070510012059]
[fix commend in RotView.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070505185654]
[switch to Message type for layout messages
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070505014332]
[Fix instructions in Mosaic.
Chris Mears <chris at cmears.id.au>**20070503222345]
[add Mosaic layout.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070503151024]
[-Wall police
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070503211700]
[Make RotView build, and add a brief description.
Chris Mears <chris at cmears.id.au>**20070503104234]
[comment: Gave URL to xinerama-enabled dmenu patch
Jason Creighton <jcreigh at gmail.com>**20070503053133]
[Put dmenu in X too
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070503053727]
[Add dmenu (thanks jcreigh)
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070503052225]
[add RotView module.
David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20070421233838]
[XMonadContrib.DwmPromote: dwm-like promote
Miikka Koskinen <arcatan at kapsi.fi>**20070501082031
 I like the way dwm's equivalent to xmonad's promote works, so I
 implemented dwmpromote.
]
[add simple date example
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070429064013]
[more details
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070429061426]
[add readme
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070429061329]
[Initial import of xmonad contributions
Don Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20070429061150]
Patch bundle hash:
85765d97cde28737d04e3e81ed6ccabe09664d4a