[Xmonad] Show name/title of current window in status bar?

Andy Gimblett A.M.Gimblett at swansea.ac.uk
Wed Jul 18 09:15:44 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 01:26:11PM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> kai:
> > Does anyone have ready-made code to show the name or title of the
> > current window in the status bar?
>
> Yeah, it gets asked fairly regularly. You use a loghook to
> inspect the focused windows' name, as in this post,
>
>     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.xmonad/660

I've just attempted to submit a patch (my first), adding this to
DynamicLog.hs; a couple of imports were needed and a small tweak to
the code due to changes since that message.  Nothing difficult to work
out from the above, but maybe having it as another option in the
contribs is helpful to someone.  Oh yeah, and since very long names
can be annoying, I added a "maxlen" parameter.

Cheers,

-Andy

--
Andy Gimblett