[Xmonad] xmobar-0.7rc1 testers needed

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Tue Jul 17 13:27:38 EDT 2007

Hi,

today I added XEvents handling to xmobar, a status bar you should know
I'm writing.

Now, this is more difficult of what I first thought, since xmobar makes
heavy use of Haskell threads.

Since we need to call XNextEvent, it seems, as far as I can
understand, that this is going to block every other Haskell threads,
unless the threaded RTS is used and/or (?) forkOS (which requires
anyway the threaded RTS) is used instead of forkIO.

While this is working fine on my system, I have a system with an old
Xorg build (I cannot compile X11-1.2.2 and X11-extras on that
machine), which seem to block all threads no matter what I do. This is
not a valuable test for me, so I need testers to confirm or refute my
personal test.

Here you can grab the source, which now requires x11-extras (I think
that 0.2 should go, but I did not check: please let me know if you
find out):

http://gorgias.mine.nu/xmobar/xmobar-0.7rc1.tar.gz

If no tester will show up, well, no problem: no refreshing
xmobar will be released....;-)

ciao
andrea