[Xmonad] Re: Show current layout in status bar?

Tassilo Horn tassilo at member.fsf.org
Tue Jul 17 07:13:41 EDT 2007

Kai Grossjohann <kai at emptydomain.de> writes:

Hi Kai,

> Does anyone have ready-made code to show the current layout in the
> status bar?

Nope, I don't think so. As Spencer told me on IRC, layouts don't have a
name.

> It would be useful for me.

Yes, I would like to have that information for use in my logHook,
too. There are some layouts that cannot be distinguished quickly,
e.g. the normal tiling, full and twopane look identically for one
window. Normal tiling and twopane look similar with two windows, too.

So the only way to know what layout is used currently is to create some
new windows and see how it behaves, or to memorize the list of layouts.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
When Bruce Banner  gets mad, he turns into the Hulk.  When the Hulk gets
mad, he turns into Chuck Norris.