[Xmonad] Error compiling Commands.hs

Spencer Janssen sjanssen at cse.unl.edu
Mon Jul 16 13:05:49 EDT 2007

On Monday 16 July 2007 10:02:52 Kai Grossjohann wrote:
> A couple of minutes ago, I ran "darcs pull" for the main xmonad repo and
> for the contrib repo.  Then I did "Setup.lhs clean", followed by
> "Setup.lhs configure ...", followed by "Setup.lhs build".
>
> The build fails with this error:
> | [11 of 13] Compiling XMonadContrib.Commands ( XMonadContrib/Commands.hs,
> | dist/build/xmonad/xmonad-tmp/XMonadContrib/Commands.o )
> |
> | XMonadContrib/Commands.hs:69:73:
> |     Couldn't match expected type `Maybe WorkspaceId'
> | 	   against inferred type `WorkspaceId'
> |       Expected type: Maybe WorkspaceId -> X ()
> |       Inferred type: WorkspaceId -> X ()
> |     In the second argument of `(>>=)', namely `f'
> |     In the expression: (screenWorkspace (fromIntegral sc)) >>= f
> | make: *** [build] Error 1
>
> Is it just me?
>
> Kai

Andrea sent in a fix (just applied).

We didn't catch this bug because Commands isn't in MetaModule.  Commands isn't
in MetaModule because it requires modifications to Config.hs (and
Config.hs-boot) to compile.  I'd appreciate it if somebody would take a look
at that -- perhaps defaultCommands should be parametric on the command list,
rather than importing the list from Config.hs?

Cheers,
Spencer Janssen