[Xmonad] Re: xmonad crashing

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Tue Jul 10 14:48:42 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 01:33:20PM -0400, Geoffrey Alan Washburn wrote:
>  Upon logging in via gdm, I
>    (1) hit "Alt-p" to open dmenu,
>    (2) type in "thunderbird",
>    (3) once Thunderbird is open, double click on the first
>        message in my inbox (and made sure to send myself mail
>        beforehand if it were to be empty).  This opens up
>        a second window,
>    (4) hit "Alt-Shift-c"
>  And the session dies returning me to gdm.

With only 2 differences: I do not have the fonts you are using for
Tabs and I do not run gdm. Anyway, I cannot reproduce with these
steps: XMoban keeps on running.

These steps always lead to a crash of the X server? It could be related
to something else? The log doesn't tell anything, unluckily.

>  Before running the above test I made sure I had pulled all the latest xmonad
>  and xmonadcontrib patches.  I'm building with GHC 6.6 installed on Ubuntu
>  Linux through the package system.

running 6.6.1 but I hardly believe this is the issue.

Hope someone comes up with a way to reproduce it regularly. For the
time being there's very little I can do.

(Anyway I don't see where a bug that could make X crash can be hidden
in Tabbed.hs. I've been able to make X die quite a few time when
hacking that code, so I should have a bit of experience...;-)

All the best,
Andrea