[xmonad] "Not in scope"

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Mon Dec 31 05:04:33 EST 2007

On Mon, Dec 31, 2007 at 10:16:49AM +0100, Dollenstein Zsolt wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:57:00 -0500
> "Jevin Maltais" <jevin at techie.com> wrote:
>
> > Still trying to get xmonad to worky in gnome.  Is this not just like
> > the XMonad.Hooks.ManageDocks doc?
>
> Case matters, see below.
[...]
> This should read:
>                     , layoutHook       = avoidStruts (Tall ||| Mirror
> Tall)

it is not just a case a case, actually. Tall requires 3 arguments: the
number of windows in the master area, the delta (for increasing or
decreasing the master area) and the ration given to the master area.

I think Jevin meant:

import XMonad
import XMonad.Hooks.ManageDocks

port XMonad.Hooks.ManageDocks

main = xmonad $ defaultConfig
                  { borderWidth      = 3
                  , manageHook       = manageDocks
                  , layoutHook       = avoidStruts (tall ||| Mirror tall)
                  }
                where tall = Tall 1 (3/100) (1/2)

hope this helps.

andrea

ps: I think ManageDocks requires a better documentation. I'll take
care of that.