[xmonad] Issue 111 in xmonad: Clicking on tab doesn't work if that screen doesn't have focus

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Dec 28 20:38:59 EST 2007

Issue 111: Clicking on tab doesn't work if that screen doesn't have focus

Comment #5 by SpencerJanssen:
Note that issue #113 describes another symptom of this issue.

The fix is correct -- xmonad should not handle button messages as such
a special case.

The underlying issue is that both 'broadcastMessage' and a layout's
message handler
may need to edit the windowset.  This tends to work alright in some
cases, but
strange things happen when workspace or screen focus changes.  We need
to provide
some way for layouts to queue these state changes that should be
applied after the
message handler returns.  Additionally, we should find some way to
statically prevent
these unsafe calls to 'windows' in layouts and message handlers.