[xmonad] Debian packages for 0.5 − please Test

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Wed Dec 19 18:53:38 EST 2007

thanks to some bugging and help from dons and sjanssen, I finally got
some 0.5 packages for debian. You can find them, together with the X11
1.4.1 dependency, here:

No xmonad contrib yet, sorry, I’ll look at that next. The packages are
beta-quality and not tested very much, I hope that you can help me
there :-)

I decided to split the package up, here is the quote from README.Debian:

> The packages for debian are split in four:
> * xmonad
>   This package contains only the xmonad binary (with it’s man page) in the
>   default configuration. You do not have to install the haskell compiler to
>   use this package, but you also cannot reconfigure it to your needs. To do
>   that, you need the libghc6-xmonad-dev package. If that is installed, xmonad
>   will detect your configuration when you start it and compile a custom
>   executable in ~/.xmonad transparently.
> * libghc6-xmonad-dev
>   This package contains the actual xmonad library, which you need to compile
>   your custom configuration.
> * libghc6-xmonad-doc
>   This package contains the documentation for xmonad, including an example
>   configuration file.
> * libghc6-xmonad-prof
>   Profiling information. You’ll know when you need it.

If you want to help out, I manage the xmonad package in a darcs
repository that contains the regular patches from upstream with the
addition of the debian files and my own adjustments to the xmonad

Comments and patches are very appreciated.

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer