[xmonad] Issue 107 in xmonad: Floating windows cause combo-boxes and other widgets in applications to faill.

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Dec 19 16:44:55 EST 2007

Issue 107: Floating windows cause combo-boxes and other widgets in
applications to faill.

New issue report by thomas.adam22:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Have some windows in the floating layer on the same workspace/screen as,
say, Firefox.

2. Try and use a drop-down menu in said browser either with or without the
floating windows present.

Sometimes (often randomly) the drop-down menu will be unusable.  I would
expect it to Just Work, but it's as if it is sent to the wrong layer.

xmonad-darcs (but observed in xmonad 0.5 and 0.4.1).

I suspect this to be related to the floating window support absolute.  More
likely, it's related to the fact that the floating layer has absolutely no
concept of stacking/layer support (as mentioned in the ICCCM), such that
when a *widget* of an application is mapped, it is somehow susceptible to
this.  But this is bad, widgets in this sense have no part in window
management.

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----
	Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium